Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Wild night at the Shack. First we got to hear about RDG's main event and who he played with and how he bluffed Phil Ivey all-in with 5 high. The best story of the night was about RB who was going to fly to Vegas to root for RDG but was so drunk he got tossed off the plane so he went to Harrahs where he has no recollection of running over the table and getting up a few thousand only to lose big since he was wasted and in every pot bluffing. A guy who was there told us about how he was about to actually win a pot but before the guy actually folded RB turned over an 8 high and said "ship it". BUT the best part of the story is about when he went to the bathroom and his table hit the $250,000 dollar bad beat jackpot. Now thats frikin funny. Of coarse they wouldnt have hit it had he not gone to the bathroom and he did get a decent amount of consolation chips from the players but its still pretty brutal.

The tournament started out great as I was chipping up with good cards and big bets but would go south later when I would bluff a river in which a guy hit two pair on. I had turned an open ended straight flush draw and play so good that I didnt bet it in position against 2 guys checking to me but I bet half my chips on the frikin river. I donk it off a hand or two later to Elvis. Oh btw Elvis when you made the super star laydown of the monster A10, I had AK.

The cash game was wild. There was a serious lack of regard for chips. The best hand of the night was when G and J were betting back and forth and J ended up moving in on the River and G after deliberating called him down and they both turned over second pair with a 10 kicker. It was about a $500 pot they chopped. I was up most of the night because I dodged a flush draw and doubled up early but I dwindled over the night. I really never had hands that I could stick $20 in the middle with and thats what it was going to cost. I had a GCP blogger on my left who liked to play big pots. I did make a bad laydown that turned out to be great. UTG limped and in second position I make it $15 with QQ. I think a couple of people call and it gets to Scary on the button. Scary pops it to $50 or makes it $50 more and starts talkin. Scary is a smart player with some gamble. Well before it can get back to me he gets 2 callers. One maniac and one rock. I contemplate the possibility that they all have AK. The maniac who smooth called fifty did the same thing when I had QQ a month ago and won all my chips with K7. So the 2 callers probably have an over or two each. I put Scary on a big big hand. The absolute bottom of his range is JJ. I muck my QQ. Well they get it in on the flop and Scary had JJ but he hit a set so I didnt feel to bad. I actually still think it was the right play 7 out of 10 times. Scary was on fucking fire. I bet he was up $2000 when I left. The biggest hand of the night for me happened a few mintues before my announced cash out and go home time. I raise to $12 with JJ in early position and luckily only the button and G the maniac in the small blind call. The button is a good player who makes moves but I have to respect his moves becaus ehe probably has either outs or a good read or the best hand when he makes those moves. The SB will go crazy with air. The flop comes 10, 10, 7. I hate it. Sb checks I bet 50ish and the button fold thank God. BUT the SB maniac smooth calls. Now Im depressed. He knows I have a big hand. The turn is a Queen which I hate and now SB bets into me and it smells so much like value. $65. Sick. SB has been losing about $200 per pot all night and has been caught bluffing sooooo much. I decided I had to make at least one call. The river is a blank 5. G bets $90. So value. I think I would have felt better had he bet $120. I go in the tank. There's no figuring this hand out. Do I want to be the only guy who didnt call G and let him bluff a pot or do I want to be the only guy who G bet a pot all night. Tough call. Ive got $130 in the pot already. I take a look at him and I cant tell anything. I has a scowl on his face. Whatever. I put my head in my arms and make the crying call. Apparently G didnt seem too happy because the GCP blooger to my left says he thinks I made a good call. PHEW!!!!!! He floated me with AJ just to try and take it away from me. He coulda been doing the same thing with KQ and I woulda have another fucking G story like my buddy to my right who made it $100 preflop with AA and got two caller including G who had 8 high and the board comes 88J. Ouch. I so anyway I book a win finally. Scary reads this blog and called me Sofa King during the game. I wonder if thats inevitable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bad beat guy, should have gotten more than consolation chips the table was probably staying around just because of him if he was bluffing off all his chips.

That's a bad beat.

scary said...

Hell yea. I picked up 800 in about 30 minutes from mr suckout. lol all i had to do was check and call with the nuts. Definatly made the game better.

Sofa King We Todd Did said...

Its so gross that you get the nuts 4 times in 30 minutes against the guy and I play one had with him and have to make a decision for all my chips with 3rd pair.