Monday, July 27, 2009

Internet Dink Smackdown Weekend

I didnt play any live poker this weekend which is unusual. I stayed home mostly and watch movies and did yard work. Very domesticated. I did however give me a little more time to play online. Aside from my $20 HUSNGs I played a $6 18 person SNG which I busted out of very quickly and a 90 person knockout SNG which I got 4th and made $50($50 payout plus $6 for knockouts minus $6 buyin). When we made the final table I was second in chips but I got stuck with the monster chip leader on my left and he was being very aggressive. I played fairly aggressive when I could. I stole some pots with the old all-in from the BB to a bunch of limpers. I gotta say it was painfully boring (until the final table) playing full ring tournaments. Playing HU has spoiled me on constant action. I guess I could go back to multi tabling cash games which is pretty constant but I just hate always having to play against premium hand having nits. Sure I can steal a lot but that only makes you so much and then when they actually play back at me Im always behind. In live games I usually play premium hands but thats because a standard raise will insure that you are playing against 6 people so you have to over raise. You need premium hands to win over raising or calling or reraising the other over raisers. You have to punish people for playing out of line. My HU sessions went ok this weekend. My roll is up to $701. Not bad for being down to $22 a coupla months ago. I played a 6 handed cash game .10/.25 and I bought in for $25. It was pretty live and people were slinging chips. I remember calling a raise from the BB. The raiser was early and one guy called and I called. The flop was Ace, 8, 2 and I had 8,7. I checked and the original raiser bets 70% of the pot. The other guy folds. I would typically fold but I decided to try something since it was low stakes. I repopped it pretty large. The guy starts chating about how I suck and I limped in with 88 or Ax and blah blah blah. I quickly turned off my auto muck and when he folded I showed him my hand. Then he called me fish and called him nit. It was entertaining. I dont think he was really upset. I told him to take a valium. He told me he had a gutshot. I love when online idiots talk uber extreme trash. Thats something online offers that live doesnt. There's nothing like being able to tell someone what you really want to. I dont bash bad play but I dont mind bashing people who do. I love calling them little internet pussy geeks who still sleep with their mothers and actually think about their moms when spanking it because their moms are the only girls they've ever talked to. I love telling them if they dont calm down all their pimples are going to simultaneously pop all over their quad monitors. I rarely ever hit the chat box but its fun sometimes.

No comments: