Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stumbled into a Goofy Little SnG with Rebuys

Played in a game I'd never been to last night. It was in the back of a bar that used to be not a bar and where I used to spend many a days gamblin. I went there cause my normal Monday game was canceled this week because our fearless leader was busting out of the main even out 119th place and someone told me about this "tournament". Well it wasnt quite what I imagined. There were only 9 of us (and I brought a guy sooooo). $20 each with one $20 rebuy before the break and one $20 addon at the break. I had played with everyone before except maybe this one girl. Dinky town. The game had 3 absolutely terribad players (well they played bad that night at least). All but one busted out before the first break having put two buyins in the game. Another guy went out pre add-on who seemed like he could play but was too aggressive with so many bad calling stations and the rest tight players waiting for hands. I guess he was not a great player but compared to the other three he was Stu Ungar. As for my significant hands I won a coin flip with 10's vs AQ. The guy raised to $800 after my raise to $60 so I just decided he really didnt want to see a flop and the only hand he could have that crushed me was JJ so I went all in. I also more than doubled up with 10's again when 5 players saw the flop for $250ish when blinds were 20/40 and it came 577. The first to act guy who in the past was Phil Helmuth jr. but seemed chill last night led out for $600. How could I fold? How could I call? I went all in. Fuck it I could rebuy. My all in caused the QQ behind me to fold (I wouldnt have folded that but yippee for me) and then the original better trys to read me and I look like Im ready to rebuy so he makes a hero call with 22. Whoops. I win. I also won a small pot HU with QQ and a 7 high flop. Standard raise, cont bet and fold. At the break we had 6 players left and everyone bought $1500 in chips for $20 buck EXCEPT ME. I had $4500 and figured I wouldnt need them. I was maybe a little below average after the add-on. Well to get to the not very important point, once it was down to 3 of us I was the shortest stack but still only a 2 to 1 dog. I proposed a chop (which I shouldve waited more than 1.3 seconds to propose after the 4th busted out cause he seemed to take offense to it). My buddy decided since he had more money invested and double my stack that he didnt wanna. The other guy did. So we played. I went all-in on them a couple of times and suddenly the chop was accepted. I took $20 less for being the shortest and since they both had $20 more (maybe $40 more) invested. I made $70 after giving the dealer $10. She thought it was the sweetest thing and is apparently used to getting nothing for her time and effort. Then we played some pool. Not the best poker night in the world but my alternative was to go to a game that might swallow my meager bankroll whcih I was contemplating.

No comments: