Wednesday, July 29, 2009

P is for Pain

Monday was one of those nights where you run so bad and watch the A.T.C. fuckers run so good that it makes you question the metaphysical properties of the universe. I makes you question good and evil. It certainly makes me wonder if I should just take my bankroll to the store and buy a freakin LCD TV. In that state of mind why did I go to the Belle for the first time in a year tonight? It's like William Bonnie said: "I shall finish the game Doc". I'll get back to that Belle of BR trip. First I wanna talk about the state of Monday night poker. Luckbox in early position open raises to $15 (in a 1/2 game), mid position calling station calls. Im in the Small blind with KK. I make it $50. My buddy in the BB who I love but want to choke (and sometimes I want to tackle him before he can put so many bad chips in the middle) goes All-In. Everyone folds, I call. I ask him does he have Aces and as smoothly as the flop comes out he says "No but I have a set of nines now". Holy fucking shit. Felted by a degenerate dream chaser again. Later I would make it $15 to go UTG. I got 5 callers. I have the absolute bottom of my range there: AK. The flop comes like its been coming for me all night when i have AK and I raise, 8 high. This time all hearts. Luckbox #1 flopped the nuts. Thats really the most exciting hands I played. I sat there and watched luckbox #1 and #2 catch every flush and straight they went for. They've been doing it every week. So so so sick. I remember continuation betting once when I missed my 20th flop. That was fun. I got raised and then someone smooth called the raise. I was livid by the time I left. I cashed out my last $100 because I was about to stick it in before the cards came. So livid that I got sick and slept til 3:40pm the next day (works starts at 7:30am). I was like a zombie the next day. Numb from the neck up. I started to use my bankroll to pay bills. Of coarse I couldnt do it. Instead I ran to the Belle and got on the $2/$5 list. I heart pain. I shall finish the game Doc. Some of the usual suspects were there. Some guy named after a utensil. My friend with pocket 9s was runnin the room. I noticed after about 2 hour of playing they had a Bad Beat Jackpot. It was $15kish. The dealer said it hits often. Its Aces full of tens beat by quads or better. Well the NL list was a mile long so I got on the 4/8 limit list and sat quickly. Flopped the nuts the first hand and made a flush on the turn which I had to check but I got to bet the river. Drug about $100 pot. I wouldnt win another hand until I was down $10. Then I went on a steady tear and quit when I was up $245. Had I not given these poker dregs too much credit I woulda made another hundred. The suckiest hand of the night was when I had it capped preflop between 3 players and the board makes a straight to a Jack. I was actually glad we chopped but I see I was up against 3,5 and AJ. So brutal. By the time I left the crazies were busto and the table was bad. Now Im at home writing this blog and dumping in a 6 handed .5/.10 game and talking much smack just for fun. Actually Im down almost $17 and getting pissed. Oh wait. i just got it all in with J6 preflop. Im up against AJ. I win. Now only down $9. Weeeeeee. If poker has an acronym the first word has got to be pain. Good night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to me from reading your blogs, that you suck at poker, and
you think you are good. Dont worry, that gos for 90% of the poker playing public. Take your money and pay your bills. The only poker related thing you should be doing is watching Rounders.
Good luck kid!!

Sofa King We Todd Did said...

I agree except for the part about thinking I am good at poker. Unfortunately I dont like doing anything else. God how I wish I could like doing something else. Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

Thats a bad combination kid. Sucking at poker, and not liking to
do anything else. Your headed for a disaster dummy.
Good luck!!!

Sofa King We Todd Did said...

Thanks. BTW is this Mean Joe Green? Have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. Kid.