Monday, July 20, 2009

Bleeding but not Profusely

Poker, poker, poker aka kiss me poker. Friday night I went to the .25/.50 game at my friends house. Its a very relaxed home game. I lost $70. Most of it in a pot I had no reason to be in which is typical of this home game. The stakes are low and the goofing off is high. I called a raise to $3 with 86 suited. A guy behind me called and then a short stack went all-in for $10. Why the original raiser didnt reraise us degenerates out of the pot is beyond me. We all call. Thats 5 people going to the flop out of 8 players for 20 times the big blind. Flop is 876. I put in a $23 bet and the guy behind me goes all in for $28. I call and lose to his 54. Then I berate the original raiser for not shutting us both out of the pot which he wouldve won had he done so.

Saturday night I went to Harrahs. I sit down next to a guy who I have played with at Baton Rouge home games and he generously gives me the scoop on everyone at the table. We had a good time chatting the rest of the night. He raised it to $4 once in early position and I said he must have J10suited which was funny after he won the hand cause he did. He ran really bad and went bust eventually. I fold a shit ton for a while then I get JJ but the tightwad UTG guy raised and there were a few callers so I just call. The flop is 10 high all clubs. everyoine checks to me and I look to see my Jack of clubs and bet about 70% of the pot. Im very relieved when UTG folds. This crazy old dude who was very abrasive to the table pushes all in but its not that much more. I call. He had a gut shot straight flush draw and an Ace of hearts. Thank you mister nut ball. I feel real smart until a few hands later I raise with 10s and flop a set against a made str8 and the money goes in on the flop and I dont improve. FELTED. The guy that felted me had sat down 15 minutes earlier to my delight. I basically said to my buddy he looked like a good addition to the game. Old, well dressed guy with a flowery print shirt on. Looked very tourist. He played on pot where he called all three streets with Ace 10 on a 10 high board. I told my buddy during the hand he had A10 and was going to be a stubborn old man. Total drooler. Well the drooler busted me. I rebuy for $260 and lose $80 before I even get my chips. I get AQ and raise. The flop is KJbrick so I cont bet. I get minraised by a guy who then has 11 bucks left. I know Im behind but Im not folding to a min raise. He could have Q10. Well the turn is a 9 so I cant beat anything now. He waites till the river to bet the $11 and I throw it in the pot anyway. Fuck it. I get AQ the next hand and raise and lose too. So I rebuy up to $260 which is what i was down. a couple hands later still sitting with a $100 bill on the table i get K10spades. I call a raise on the button and flop broadway. I flat call the flop and turn bet. I cant believe the guy still bets into me on the river. I ship it in after a little hesitation act and get called. He has an unfoldable 1 pair. A pair of Kings with an Ace kicker. Thank you mister nutball #2. How can he not at least check call the river. How can you think one pair is godd after I flat the turn. Just another espn fan that cant fold AK. So I get even for the night. The rest of the night was lame. I lost $120 buck overall. I missplayed a hand so bad one time because I didnt see a guy in the pot and I thought I was heads up. Terrible. Maybe I dont bet the flush draw out on the turn but to let him get there for free is just donkey. I let the flush hit the river after I had turned the straight. At least I folded. The flower print shirt drooler I thought I was trapping called to see the flush. Had we been heads up he wouldve definitely kept betting behind me but the guy who I didnt see in the pot was an uber rock so drooler was rightly worried. I bluffed a river once which was pretty exciting. The guy had his chips in his hand and said "well they're just chips right" and I said "thats true" and he backed off and eventually folded. I realized I was in that stare at the board and dont breathe position once it looked like he was seriously considering calling so I sat up and took a sip of water which was funny because I didnt have any water. Just some random bottled water. Trying to look comfortable. It may have even been his water. I wonder if he woulda noticed me drinking his water would he have called. He finally mucked QQ but the was an Ace, a King, and a flush on the board. I called his first bet with a pair hoping to improve but when he checked the Ace behind me on the turn I figured I would have to bet the river especially if a heart hit. Soon after I left because my buddy I rode with was flat busted and my table wasnt that great. Driving back at 1am was strangely early. I usually dont leave till sun up.

Online is going well. I over $500 now. I think Im going to stick to my $20 SnGs though and not move up. I just have a feeling there arent near as many players or suckers at the $40 to $50 range. I will play a few higher games but Im going to keep the $20 as my main stay for now.

On the golf front I won 15 out of 17 holes in a wolf game in which we all shot exactly the same total score. I made some big putts on the back nine. I made a 25 footer on 18 to half the hole. I havent played in 6 months and really average about 4 rounds a year. I only played because it was the only mild day all summer with temps never going over 91. I shot an 87 which I thought was pretty good considering I showed up 5 minutes before tee off. I did get to hit a few drives on the range but that was it. No puts and no irons. I think I could get back to shooting in the low 80s pretty quickly. My buddy gave me some clubs about a year ago and the irons hit great. The driver is a big bertha and its so light compared to the walmart club I've been hitting for 10 years. I switched to my old driver after the very first hole and drove pretty well all day.

I hope the Monday night tournament is on for tonight. I wanna hear all about the main event and Vegas adventures.

No comments: