Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Folded the Sucker Straight like a Sucker

Wow. I got a shout out from GulfCoastPoker.net today. I may crack under the pressure to rant about poker and make it relevant to Baton Rouge. I havent been to the damn Belle poker room since they were rockin 3 tables. I hear they have 5 now. I was actually up overall playing there the last time I went regularly for a couple of months. If they would spread a 1/2 Nl game I'd be up there too much. The last time I played up there I had 56 and the 789 flopped out there. I reraised a large amount to the original better and an over caller. The over caller went all-in. I remember thinking in my head that I would raise enough that only J10 could possibly continue. So I had $85 in the pot and would cost me $400 more. I mucked and the all in guy shows Q9. I was so disgusted that I havent been back. I decided that I shoulda called that guy and didnt because I wasnt properly bankrolled to have $500 on that table and even though I was up on that game I said I would play there again till I had $5k set aside for poker. Maybe it was a good lay down and Im beat there enough times versus the random assclown bluff to justify laying it down. People love to play J10 and it was a limpfest preflop.

No comments: