Friday, June 26, 2009

Playing Higher to Get Even = Degenerate Going Broke

I lost a little in my heads up online venture. It could have been worse. I got so frustrated for losing 4 games in a row and never winning a game ending all-in coinflip that I felt like it couldnt keep going this badly. So what did I do? I played higher like a degenerate jack ass. I ended up playing this guy for quit a few games and we went back and forth for a longtime. It pissed me off because the guy was terrible but I couldnt catch any cards. I even had a little gren note on him. He played really tight and tended to bet big when strong and little when weak. How could I lose? No cards. It seemed like all my wins were steals or float bluffs. Endless rags. I could count how many times I had to bet so much it wouldve crippled me and sat there knowing if he called with anything I was toast. Most of the time he folded. But that play has to work so many more times than it doesnt to be profitable. Anyway he ended up leaving one game up one me. I later played on more game and broke even at the higher stakes which still left me down for the day. If I keep playing higher when Im losing I will be going broke soon.

No comments: