Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Online Poker Experience tp Date

I wanna talk about my online poker experience. About 2 years ago my buddy who is an online pro backed me. He put 1k up and took half the profit. Over the next year I swung all over the place. I Played full ring games from 25/50 to 2/4 depending on where my roll was. I went down to $300 at one point and went up to 4k after that. I used the 5% buyin/cash out at 10% Chris Fergesson bankroll management system. My buddy took his end out when my roll was at 3300 giving him a profit of $1150 and leaving me with $1150. I ran that up to 2k but hen ran horrible down to 886. I cashed out 800 and left 86 to play with. I couldnt stomach the idea of going broke after my friend had made $1150 off me. I used the money in my live bank roll and have done well. I also got some cool shit from the rewards store like my 21 inch lcd and the best hoody in the world. I love that hoody. I wish it didnt have a logo on it. I started playing $5 heads up SnGs now and my online roll is at $160 now. I like heads up. I never could be the nit I needed to be to multi table full ring games. Plus I still cant shake the feeling I had that something fishy was going on in the full ring games. Too many sick coolers per 100 hands. Maybe they scrpit hands to make sure the money gets in. Maybe there is an algorythim that rewards bad play to make sure the money circulates better. I doubt there was any software cracking at my levels but certainly collusion was a possibility. Anyway I havent felt like my heads up games are messed up in anyway. I also like the action. Im always in the hand. Its much more art than science too. I want to move up through the ranks of the heads up levels. If I ever push this up to a few thousand Im going to be so fucking proud of myself. Ive alreay gone from having $100 to having my last $20 in one game so Im not saying its been a smooth uphill ride so far. I know I need to start using my HUD software again and figure out what the optimum HU stats are. But at the levels Im playing it doesnt seem to matter. Players are mostly terrible. I'd say 70% of them are terrible. But even the terrible ones win when they are th over aggressive terrible ones. I prefer the soft players. I like to try and be just slightly more aggressive than them. I dont want them to feel run over. I want them to be copmfortable with the styleof play because I want them to play more than one game.

No comments: