Monday, June 8, 2009

3BB Aint the Standard Raise in Any Live Games I Play

Going to the Monday game tonight. So nice to have a proper bankroll. I'll still probably buy-in for a medium stack. About 60 BB. If I lose that then I'll go for the 100BB buy-in. Im halfway through a poker book so I probably have some dangerous ideas floating around in my head. The only problem with this book is it talks about the standard raise being 3 times the BB. Not in my cash game. You gotta open for 6BB and you will still get 2 callers. So it throws the theory of a little. That kind game turns deep stacks into medium stacks. It makes the loose callers mistake preflop twice as pricey. Last week I opened for 8 BB and got called by the guy behind me and then 4 high suited in the SB. The flop comes all hearts and the SB goes all in for $130 more. I have the nut flush draw but I know Im beat. I have a painful memory of the same guy doing the same play once when I flopped the nut str8 to a suited board and I called him for like $100 thinking he wouldnt play a flush like that. The pot was maybe $18 dollars an I only had $2 in it. I had no redraw either. We I guess I learned something about poker since then and folded. He shown the flush and I got ragged for being a nit the rest of the night. They actually tilted me into playing a coupla bad spots with that shit talk.

No comments: