Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Maybe Moving Up

Well I bubbled out of the Monday tournament. I ran my short stack all-in on the button with a naked Ace into pocket Aces. I wouldnt have had to do that had I not gotten all in after I flopped top two pair against a flush draw and lost. I was out 6th and the paid 4 but prolly chopped as soon as I left. I didnt stay for the cash game. They were playing 11 and gonna do two tables after the tournament but I was in a bad mental spot. My dad is sick with cancer and I was at the hospital all weekend and before the tournament. I do like that it got my mind on something else but Im sure my cash game wouldve been subpar and there happen to be an unusual number of good players there last night. So I went home and played my measley online bankroll. I pretty close to moving up from $5 HU SnGs to $10. I have $180 after starting this heads up stuff with $60ish. I doubt the $10 players are that much better than the $5 players. They might even be easier to beat cause there a lot of hyper agressive dont care about $5 types playing the $5 game. Maybe just steamers from the upper levels coming down to goof off. I prefer timid to over aggressive. Both are money makers. Timid takes longer to beat but I win a higher percentage. Anyway I think 18 buyins is plenty but I have lost like 12 buyins in one night before. It was my only real losing session playing micro heads up Sngs but it was a doozy.

No comments: