Sunday, June 28, 2009

All-in Short Stack Tilt Fest

Played 1/2 NL last night. We had a special Sat game with steaks. Ran well out of the gate but lost my profit back playing too many hands aggressively. I value bet a flush on the river with only and 8 high in my hand only to be called by a 9 high flush. I was in position so it made since that he checked the river to me after I just called the turn bet when the flush hit. I dont know why I thought it wa the green light. There werent too many hands that he would call. There were plenty of other people at the table who wouldve looked me up with 2 pair but not him. I was steamin from anther hand where I flopped a set and all the money went in on the flop and I got runner runner flushed by a 6 high spade. To be fair the guy had an open end str8 draw that never hit but he also called $15 preflop with 65off. The same guy I value bet with the worse flush later put me on nuclear monky tilt. I played 87 in a raised pot. I was on the button and there were4 or 5 people in the hand already. The flop is 669 and it checks around to me. I check. I would probably bet there most of the time. Anyway the turn is a 10 giving me the str8 and putting 2 diamonds one the board. A real kook donks out $40 and a really tight player over calls. Im really sorta worried but I decide I cant fold but I cant just call so I push. Original donker folds and tightwad goes in the tank. He starts talking to me and reveals his KQdiamonds. I wanted to show him my cards because he was putting me on just a 10 for some reason but I also didnt want him to know for sure that I wasn't filled up already. Anyway he calls and I immediately propose running it twice which he accepts. This isnt something we normally do but it does happen once or twice a night sometimes. Anyway the story is obvious. He makes his gutshot str8 the first run and his flush the second. Now Im $150 in the hole after being up $300. I am full steam ahead pushes in $50 with KJ preflop I think everyone had limped and I was BB but I could be wrong. Brain no working to good then. I get called by AK UTG and am broke. I am telling myself to go home but my inner tilt is saying to buy in for $400. I decided to by in for just $100 and tilt it off. Very wise choice I know. I get all in the first hand with maybe KQ and get no callers and make like $12. I would continue this shove fest getting no callers for a very long time. I would also limp and call some raises but if I hit my draws I would shove. I yoyo'd from $130 to $80 for a long time doing this. I finally broke out with some reasonable hands to the $160 range and started to get off my pushfest. I ran my stack up a little with a ok cards.I did have one hand where I got allin with AA against my friend RB who had KK and the dealer was beautiful enough to put a str8 on the board. I would end up taking his money anyway by chasing a flush draw with a pair and rivering a better 2 pair than him. Him last hand he put in his last $40 and I called with AQ and the luckbox behind me who somehow went broke even though he hit everyhand, he called. We checked it down and I won with A high. Kooky. So I actually got back up to $190 up but eventually at 5am cashed out with $120 profit and damn glad it wasnt -$300 and very baffled as to how I survived my all-in tilt fest.

No comments: