Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Calls 32 times the BB preflop with K9off. FML

My poker soul is shattered today. Its one of those days where I start wondering what I could do with my spare time besides poker and try to think of something I can blow my bankroll on that will make me real happy. Unfortunately nothing makes me happy when Im losing at poker. I played $1/$2 at the Shack last night. I got up $35 with AK and then turned around and doubled up a $60 short stack with it who had AA. My last hand would be the same situation except I was the relative short stack and I was on nuclear monkey tilt. My favorite hand of the night was when I had QQ in SB and an early position guy opens for $15 and then the maniac who has been dumping money all over the state and had just rebought for $200 after going broke calls the $15. I make a genius raise to $65 total. (I forgot to mention they BOTH call). Now Im totally disgusted. The flop comes KJbrick and I lead for $100. Im hoping no one has a King. Well original raiser folds and the idiot goes in for $35 more. He wins because he is a genius who calls $15 and then $50 more preflop with K9offsuit. Within 10 hands this same degenerate has $1500 in front of him. The last hand of my night I would limp reraise all in with AKsuited and he would happen to have AA for the 5th time in 2 hours. I never saw AA. I saw KK once. Lost. I saw QQ twice. Lost twice. I stole about 5 pots on the night. My biggest hand of the night was won with Jack high in a show down. I called a reraise allin with a flush draw only to find myself up against a worse flush draw. It was on the turn and it wasnt that much but I still wasnt getting the correct odds to call if I was behind. But who cares when you donk it off later. The hand that keeps rolling around in my head went like this: I flop a flush draw. Call a bet on the flop out of position. Turn a flush. Call a big bet outta position. River pairs the board and I check and guy bets big on the river. Any hand that is betting for value is beating me. I was laready scared of a bigger flush and now the board pairs. He was talking to his neighbor and I heard somewhere in his conversation the words I dont give a fuck. He wasnt talking about poker or the hand but it made me think I was good. Like he was mentally preparing himself to absorb the loss if I call. But then I talked myself out of calling. I just didnt think he would bet a straight there. He showed the flopped straight. Instant monkey tilt. Im pretty sure I didnt play great but I cant see my big mistake. I know I donked the last hand but come on. Do I have to be up against AA everytime I try and take a pot with AK. I know I bet into a K high board with QQ but the guy I was actually concerned about dint have a King and the guy who had a King shouldnt have been in the fucking pot for $15 much less $65. I think my overall style was a little loose and passive last night. Maybe I shoulda quit but the loosest players had huge stacks and were raising and reraising the river with the 84th nuts. All in all I lost a third of my bankroll which was at a minimum for a healthy $1/$2 bankroll. Now I gotta hope I dont run bad for the next few games. FML

No comments: