Monday, August 31, 2009

Begrudging Update

I know its been a long while. Sorry. Life has gone south. I havent been playing much poker. Im in the process of taking a big and sustained financial hit so poker money has shrunk up and disappeared. The last time I played live was like 9 days ago. .25/.50 at my house. I lost. Like $40. Who cares. The worst players won. One decent player hit 'n ran. The only hand I can remember very well I raised with A2 on the button and got heads up with a tight limper. The flop is J34 and he checks. I continuation bet and he calls. The turn is a 5 giving me the wheel. He checks, I bet and he makes an obvious crying call. I put him on a pair of fives right there. 65 or 75. The turn is a deuce. Fuck me. He bets into me. He is capable of doing this with an Ace since no way he put me on any type of 6. But I did put him about 65% on the 6,5 already. I am just pissed and know I've been screw as is typical lately. He basically made a nice size value bet on the river and I paid him off. Fuckin 65. Typical. Also typical is my lack of big pairs to start. By the time my big pairs start rolling in I will be playing the nickel/dime game with my 13 yo and his friends. As far as online goes I have stop bleeding. I had donked down to $100 and started back to $5 and $10 HU SnGs. I am up to $175. Yippee. I may not have much exciting news about poker. I have major life problems going on which effect my finances and well as my mental faculties. I played golf yesterday and shot like 105 with 20 mulligans. Evidence of my ability to concentrate right now. If you do happen to see me at a game I suggest you have me covered and wait for me to lose my shit.

No comments: