Wednesday, September 2, 2009

No Foldem Holdem

Im thinking about playing low limit for a while. My life and finances are fuct and I do have fun playing no foldem holdem. Plus my mental focus doesnt have to be particularly great. I cant make that big a mistake. I will just enjoy a $100 buyin at the $4/8 table until its gone or Im done. The last time I played $4/8 I won a lot but I know I was on a rush. I think I have a good advantage over the people who call everything and chase gutshots when the flush and the full house are already there. Maybe I can save 4 bets an hour that the majority of the table doesnt (just by folding non-suited 3 gappers). I may need to be more agressive on the turn and river for value. I often give up on betting and start check calling when the board gets a little scary. Obviously I cant bet a set on the river when the flush made it and there are still 4 people in the hand but there have been a lot of times in heads up or against just 2 people that I check the river and they are sitting with top pair only and never folding for the last bet.

No comments: