Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Harrahs, a LoveShack, and a Belle

Ok well I was not playing much but Ive gone a a playing frenzy (for me). I just got knocked out of the Sunday Double Deuce. Walked on 2 left feet the whole time. Mostly just had small pairs and Ace Kings and never hit a pair or a set. My big losing hand I limped in late position with QJ and flopped a pair. The open limper bet pot, pot, then half the pot on the river. I called the river because I had rivered top two but there was a pair on the board. Turns out he had open limped with Aces. I minimized my loses (givin that I didnt fold).

Yesterday I went to the Belle. I hadnt played that game in ages. It was the typical afternoon old man rock garden. I dont mind that. You always know where you are and its real easy to fold hands that in my Monday night game would be more of a decision. I still havent had AA or KK in a month now. Thats probably 1000 hands of live poker. There was only one guy at the table worth gunning for. He ended up insta calling an all in bet for like $400 dollars when he turned top two pairs on a board where any ole Queen wins. The guys had flopped the straight any way and bye bye went the one terrible donator. There were other bad players but they were bad on the tight side. I really like that game in the day time. Either the players play ABC poker but with no regard for position or they play limp in and be willing to go broke in a limp pot. Its really a game where I wanna not limp unless its in late position. Open raising or 3 betting is really the way to go there because they are usually gonna let you know where you are at. I only had one decent hand where I flopped good and made it to show down. I had AK and I three bet the original raiser from $50 on top of his $25. He just called. The flop is AA3. He bets $20 into me. Im thinking he either has an Ace and wants to see if I have a better Ace or he has a pair and is probing. I decide to just call. Im not too scared of the board. The turn is a Jack which I hate. He only bets $20 again which says that he isnt very strong. I just call. Im trying to represent KK or QQ and hopefully he will try to rep and Ace. He just checks the river. Now I just bet something pocket 10s can call. i bet $50 and he makes a crying call. He flips over KK. Whoops. Sorry dude. I stack my chips and realize Im $30 to $40 short. I say very low "damn how much do they rake here." Well my friend who was dealing heard me and started asking me what was the problem. I tell him how much I start with and we go through the last pot and Im $40ish short. But I tell him dont sweat it. We go back 20 years and know he didnt over rake me. Then we move on to the next hand and I say well maybe my stacks are tall. Yep I had an extra $10 in each stack. Idiot. I tip him another red bird and assure him I didnt think he had done anything wrong. I just knew something was wrong and obviously it was my stupidity. So that was my big pot. I took a picture of a guy who won with a straight flush against the nut flush because he had the baddest ass curly mullet ever. He even had his head shaved on both sides about 3 inches around his ears. Unfortunately the photos didnt come out good enough. I won a few smallish pots all day and left only $180 up.

My Monday game wasnt very fun. I was so very card dead. Sucks because I had 4 crazy players on my right. The only hand worth talking about was the time I flopped broadway holding A,10. I couldve actually went $300 in the black at that point and it wouldve made up for being card dead but how many times have I flopped the nut straight and lost especially broadway. Many many many times. The flop brings action and I make a big raise. A guy who hasnt had a hand all night goes all in for not much more than my bet and one of the crazies calls. The turn is nothing so I push in for like $130. The allin guy has basically told us he flopped 2 pair. Well mr crazy has 2 pair too but he knows they are no good. He folds after a long time. I ask the guy to run the last card twice. The other guy folded KJ so my opponent had 3 outs. Well the King hits and he wins the first and I win the second. I feel real smart and real lucky the other guy folded and opened up the running it twice possibility. It wouldnt matter though in the long run because i would eventually go broke. Lost $480.

The Sunday before that I went to Harrahs. Actually I stayed down there Sat night to play slots and table games and use a commp to the Besh Steak house. It was good food and we had a lot of fun but I dumped like $500 gambling. No regrets though. I did play the electronic roulette deal and that was fun. Sunday I hit the poker room. I was there for a really long time and I never had much. I didnt even get AK for the first 4 hours. Then of coarse AK would be my down fall. I three bet AK from the big blind and the UTG limper who was very very tight just called and the original raiser to $10 just called. So now there $100 in the pot and the flop is K,10,9. I bet out $100 to say I have it. and the UTG guy min raises and the original raiser moves in for his last $220. I only have like $130 left but I know Im drawing almost dead. I fold. I know the UTG has a set of 10s or 9s. I saw him check some huge hands and know he isnt doing that with out a set. Actually he flopped the straight with a heart draw to go with. the other guy had Aces. Damn. He fucked up just calling behind there. So that was my big hand. How I lost like $680 over the span of 6 hours and losing $130 in a hand was my big loss I dont know. I guess just calling too much with little pairs and suit connectors just adds up. I was probably chasing a little too much since I had dumped straight gambling the night before. Oh well.

So until my little cash yesterday I was on a 3 session losing streak and they were all pretty big in relation to my bankroll. Sucks coming of a good streak and then going on a losing streak right away. It pretty much wiped out my gains. Im still up for the last 45 days but it still stings a bit. I hope I can pull it together before the Bayou Classic. I would like to have some moolah ready to buyin to some nightlys and one $550.

Look for more updates since Im kidless and going to be playing more.

No comments: