Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chopped the Monday Tournament

Played the Monday tourny. It was so strangely easy. Every big pot I played I won. Every time I bet the flop with nothing I took it down. I dont think I ever made any marginal calls and ended up folding to another bet. I got AA against KK allin preflop. That was the hand that set me up because that was against another big stack. After that I just more less cruised to the chop. I did have one hand against my buddy who actually reads this blog. I had folded AK to him the hand before where he reraised his wife with QQ. I knew at best it was QQ. Well the next hand he raised UTG and I just call with AK. I dont flop nothing but he checks. I know he knows I have a big hand. I bet and he tanks. Im really thinking he has a flush draw but the blinds are real big so this pot could get ugly quick. He folds. So we chop soon after. I actually didnt wanna chop totally. I suggested everyone take $200 and we play for the $400 left. We had 5 left and all with very even stacks except for one who took less. I also want to play because one of the guys left was maybe in the top 3 tournament players on the gulf coast. I think he wanted to play it out but didnt care enough to insist. He said he wouldnt be the guy who wouldnt chop in a $40 home tournament. So I netted $245 after dealer tip and went and lost $45 in the cash game that I could only play an hour in. Im playing in a $60 tournament as I write this. Doing ok. Above average chips. I'll fill you in prolly after the Monday game.

No comments: