Monday, August 16, 2010

Fun $60 Tournament

Well I didnt win or lose (other than time) in the $60 Saturday tournament. We got down to 6 and it took forever to lose the 6th and then we got down to 5 and it was taking forever. No one would call the 68 times the short stacks would push in. I proposed at that point that 4th and 5th get their buyin back and they agreed. About one hand later I flopped bottom two pair and got all in and got crapped on by the turn. Did I jinx myself with that deal or was I a genius? Whatever. Before that happened I started the tournament great. My first good pot I limped Aces UTG and the next guy raised everyone out. I decided to just call. I think if I reraise there I should just tell the guy I had KKs or AAs. So I let him bet the flop. I bet out on the turn because I know this guy and he is worried about that call and he might have checked behind. I bet out on the river too even though the flush got there. I was 90% he had JJ or QQ. He called and mucked when I showed. A little later I hit a queen high flop with AQ and made some good money against JJ and something else I never saw. Now Im doubled up and sitting pretty. I would run my stack from 25k to 85k before I lost my first big hand. It wasnt really a big hand. I called a raise from the button with 44 and the two guys in the hand checked the 10 high flop. So I make a big bet. At this point blinds are high and my big bet was 25% of my stack. The original raiser then reraises all in and I fold. It hurt. Both the guys in that hand would eventually out last me and they were both down to under 10k at a point. The rest of the game I just played short stack strategy. A lot of allins from the button and small blind with any ole Ace. A few standard raise and allin if I hit and dump if I dont. The only hand that sticks out with me was one I wasnt in. UTG who is very solid raised and kooky ass James pushes all in with 88. UTG decides to call. James is satisfied to be up against AK cause he was sure it was a coin flip. I asked James what he was smoking. UTG has a big hand. His range is AQ,AK, and Tens-AAs. Thats 7 hands and only 2 you wanna be against. I realize there are more combinations of AQ and AK but still lets not get too technical. To me thats such a bad move against this particular guy. But lucky ass James 88 held up. Of course the guy he left short stacked there would eventually be the chip leader long after James was busted out. This was a fun tournament and 4pm on a Sat is a great time for me. It doesnt kill Saturday night and if I bust out I can even play a coupla hours of cash before I go do something. And if i didnt have anything to do then it was cash all night. Actually I got a text at 10:45am the next day letting me know they were still playing. Jesus.

No comments: