Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hit n Run at the Belle


Went down to the Belle again last Sunday. It was an ugly table but I had the best possible seat. I was on the insane Asian guys left. Unfortunately the rest of the table was littered with unpredictable players. I had Mr. Spoon on my direct left but he was buying in short like me ($300). The first thing that really happened was Spoon getting felted by the Asian guy who reraiased Spoon all in with top pair of 9's and a medium kicker. Spoon called and had a lot of outs he didnt hit. The game was basically to trap Asian guy. He wasnt a fool though. I actually hate playing those types. As soon as you take a stand against them with some big pair you end up all in with one pair against a ton of outs. If they have a lot of buyins you will go broke every third time you play a pot with em. My plan was to take me stab with my one short buyin then leave. I get my chance. Asian guy makes it $25 to go (its 2/5 NL btw). I find myself with 10s. Im not set mining here. I repop to $75. Well this weak tight behind me calls. Im thinking AK or maybe JJ. Well Asian guy calls. Im praying for a low flop but u never know with Mr. ATC whats gonna get ya. The flop is 9 high and Asian checks. I hi-de-ho my $205 into the pot and weak tight guys is instantly and openly fretting. Uh oh. He tells me only 3 things beat him. So he has JJ. I dont instanly cry or anything but Im thinking that most people make a crying call here. He folds. Phew. It was a good fold. My 3 bet range right there is very tight so over time I think he would lose money in that scenario. If you assume I dont ship it in with AK when I whiff then you gotta think 10s is the only hand you can beat there and people dont usually play tens like that anyway. Why I dont know. I think the only profitable way to play 10s or AK is to three bet but only cbet air heads up. Anyway Asian guy asks me how big my pair is and eventually calls. I say "Thats not gonna make this guy too happy." And I show my 10s to the folders dismay. Im thinking Asian guy had two high cards and was hoping to be good if one hit. If he is right which much of the time he wouldnt be then he is getting laid 2 to 1 but is only 3 to 1 to win (if he is live). Its a mistake Im happy for him to make once. He missed and Im up  like $350 now and Im leaving in 30 minutes for a thing at 7. I played two more pots and won one and lost one. I also broke even on my $20 slots investment which is a nasty little leak. If I donate $20 everytime just waiting on a seat Im really eating into my win rate. Those damn Sizzlin 7's.

No comments: