Saturday, July 17, 2010

Played Fast and Stupid and Paid the Price

Well it happened. I dumped. In less than an hour Monday I lost $620. I had put together 10 straight winning sessions. Looking back I guess I can see what went wrong. I was probably not in a good place mentally because of personal stuff. It never seems to fail that when I am preoccupied with life issues I tend to lose. For some reason I pick these times to play loose, aggressive even though the table doesn't really call for it. My first big hand I raised from the button against a straddle with 5,6. I got 2 callers. The flop comes 7,5,4 with two diamonds. Both check. I'm delighted with the flop. I bet like 3/4 pot. Small blind calls. Other folds. The small blind is a guy that will make moves, will chase draws, and could have had very little to be calling there. He is also someone who usually gives me a lot of credit. The turn is a 9 and he checks. Now I have to decide if I bet or check. I thought that he would put me on JJ or better if I bet the turn big. He also wouldn't chase his flush draw. I bet big. He pushed in. I call another $40ish. He flopped the straight and had the diamond draw. Pretty sick. 8,6 of diamonds he had. Ok so there goes my first $220. Then I lose like $100 more chasing a flush draw all the way to the damn river. I lost another hundred probably calling $12 preflop raises with shit likke QJ. Then my last hand I have J,8 of spades and I call the guy who raised the button and we get another caller. I call because this guy is constantly raising with crap and trying buy pots. Well ithe flop is Q,8,3 and I check and the other caller checks and the typical maniac bets. I see the other guy getting calling chips out so now I figure I can't just call. So I raise. I don't believe the maniac and I think I can get the other guy squeezed out. Well he begrudgingly folds. Well my maniac friend flips over pocket Kings and says all in. I have another $120 left and I have about that in the pot now. I decide to make a bad call and go home. I ask him to run it twice and he says now but woujld run it 3 times. I decided to just gamble. I called the extra to gamble so why would I run it 3 times just to try and win that same amount back? I woulda just folded. So I declined and the dealer turns a King and its over. So that's how I dumped 3 buuyins in an hour. I never even had a playable starting hand. I shoulda come into the game with a plan. I shoulda planned to play tight and wait for good spots. Why? Because that's how I won 10 in a row AND because I was stressed about something to do with my son.

No comments: