Friday, March 5, 2010

Feeling Better, Getting Better, and Expecting Better Results

Went to the Belle after work Wednesday. I sat for 4 hours and except for the 30 minutes my friend was dealing I never had a pocket pair nor did I ever hit my Big Slick type hands. Fortunately (but sadly) there was a girl playing who had no clue and just kept pulling out $100 from her bra. She musta bought in for $1500 by the time I left. If the other players wouldnt have strung me up I woulda asked her wtf she thought she was doing at that table. The $100s were all the old style too which was weird. Maybe she raided Granny's sock drawer. Anyway she would call with bottom pair for her $100 so anytime I could get isolated with her I just value bet my middle pair and she kept me afloat. After 3.5 hours and no pocket pair I went to take a break. When I came back my friend was in the box and he hit me with pocket 3's first hand. I limped utg and nobody raised but like 6 people limped. The flop is 10,6,3. The small blind bets $15. The big blind raises to $45. I make it $120. The girl who cant play calls her last $95 and it gets back to big blind. He thinks and mucks 10,6. Nobody in that spot shoulda done that. He should figured I had limped with AA hoping for a raise. Thank God he mucked. The turn was another 6 and he woulda got it all. So its me and dumb girl who actually hits her gutshot that she probably didnt know she had on the river but I got a boat so no harm. Instead of stacking off once again to a hand that was way behind (as usual), I actually made a couple hundred due to someones mistake. I say mistake because over time he would make way more money pushing with top two there. Maybe he saw the hand I played 2 weeks ago when I pushed with top pair knowing 100% the guy had an over pair. But I woulda folded my over pair to a reraise so I guess I will never get the satisfaction of being in that position and sucking out. Anyway my buddy hit me with two more pocket pairs of KK and I won a couple more small pots. When he left I left. Im starting to believe in the law of attraction in regards to dealers who want you to do well (maybe because you will throw them a red bird for a $25 pot) and the cards they send you. I think Im gonna start tipping any new dealer who sits as a rule. Get them on my side. Im really starting to believe in metaphysics and the power of the mind to create its own reality. Anyway Im proud I didnt get too crazy when I was card dead trying to pick up pots that were not for sale. Im planning on playing more cards in the next few months so this was a decent start but really probably insignificant to the overall results I will achieve since basically I won an amount that will be wiped out with one single loss of a significant pot. Oh and btw I have talked about not being a very good poker player on this blog so part of my playing more is going to be learning more too. Im getting a coach and reading a lot. I did the leak busters program from my online database the other day. The results were not shocking or unknown but its just part of the process. Also Ive had a lot of highly emotional things go on in my life this last year and I feel like a few weeks ago I made a break through with how I handle my thoughts and emotions and Ive played only 2 sessions since then but I won both. The other one was a going away poker party for a friend and we played .25/.50 and I took $176 profit from that. I wont go into it but I ran like God hit a buncha sets and flopped straights all night. Too bad it was in a micro game with a few friends who only wanted to spend $20 to $40 bucks. But the point is that Im feeling good, Im staying in the moment, and Im not creating bad luck from negative energy (if you believe in that).

No comments: