Friday, December 4, 2009

Mutha F'in Mondays

So I played Monday night before last. Played the tournament and pretty much broke myself the first big pot. I raised big in late position and the big blind called. I had AQ and an Ace hit (along with 2 deuces) and he bet into me. So at this point I have to fold my AQ and give him credit for AK or AA or I push because my all in raise is only 1.5 times his bet. I push. He calls with AK. Im out. I played cash and did ok.

I played this Monday too. Nothing but crap cards and a steal attempt that ran into QQ. I played cash. Miserably card dead all night. I had AK about 3 times and JJ a coupla times and that was it for 5 hours. I did however win some pots with two pair to stop bleeding. I never had better than 2 pair until my last hand. My last hand I had AK and I raised large and only got one caller. The flop comes K55. He checks. I decided to check. This kid is aggressive some I thought I would maybe get a turn bet from him. An 8 hits the turn and I saw him react on his face like he liked it. He bet $40 and I just called. The river is another 5 and he checks. I think he may have been fishing with a medium pair on the turn. I without thinkng very hard bet about half the pot. He ista shoves. Now I gotta figure out if he has a K and just doesnt want to split or if he has 88 or a 5 or even AA. I think forever and I had everything I needed to fold. I saw the tell on the turn but couldnt believe he checked the river to me. While I was deciding he asked i I had Aces and I said yeah something like Aces and he grimaced and I knew if he was bluffing he wouldnt engage me or act like Aces scared him there. He threw me a few reverse tells while I was lookin at him. Since I raised preflop he didnt have a 5. So I Put him on 88 or a dry King and I had sick feeling it was 88. Why did I have to bet the damn river. I coulda saved $275 because I dont lose the $50 value bet and I endedup saying fuck it and called the river. He had 88. What a fucking check. That check made me think my turn read wasnt very good. For $220 more I found out it was. Broke. Lost $460 in the cash game. Fuck 2009. I shouldnt have been playing on sinus medicine anyway. FML.

No comments: