Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good Bye Roll. Hope I See You Again Soon.

OK dammit I guess I gotta tell about my stupid poker Sunday. I went to Harrahs to play in the $555 6 handed nooner. I dont think 6 handed is a good format for me but fuck it. Its my big tournament splurge. I woulda rather the Saturday no limit tournament but family obligations didnt allow. Well I played $1/$2 cash before the tournament and was drooling over this numb nuts who raised it to $15 everyhand. He went broke every 2 hands. I got a coupla low pairs and didnt hit the flop. I woulda reraised the dude preflop with any pair but usually I had 4 callers of the $15 in front of me so I just set mined. Whatever. Probably a bad move. I dont really remember what happened but I went broke with AK with an Ace high flop against a set. I went to the tournament. Tried to oopen up just slightly and succeeded to fail. I didnt get any starting hands. I hovered around 9k for a long time. I moved tables to this dream table full of tight passives. I stole a few pots and lost a few too. I went up and down between 7 and 10K chips. Before the break I had JJ and raised pre and got 2 calls and the flop was 9 high so I cbet and got raised and then the guy behind the raise went all in for his last $2500ish. I wasnt worried about him but the raiser made it 4k to go so it was all or nothing. He just wasnt the kind to do that with A9 so I fold and he had a set of 3s. When I get back from the break I get a pair of 9s and I raise and get 2 callers and the flop is 8 high. I cbet and get basically min raised plus a few hundred from the only player at the table who was bluffing and being agressive with his position. Well my stack is pretty low now compared to the blinds. I just dont want to lay down every freaking over pair. I ship it. He has a set of 3's. Im out. Fuck it. I go put $10 on the number 3 a few times just to see if 3 wil give me some money back. I then go to play cash and do well and run good the first hour. Im up like $450 after an hour and would spend the next like 7 hours hovering around $400 up. Then I flop two pair and check raise and get called by top pair jack kicker and he hits a jack on the turn. I flop a set of Queens and get beat by a straight on the turn. I have AdAh and the flop is all hearts and I raised on the flop by a tight player so I call that and the turn and fold teh river. I probably shoulda ship it on the flop just on general principle. I reload and eventually go broke with an under set. That hand was shitty. Guy raises to $7 in early position and I call with 44. $7 was a sweetener. $15 was the standard raise. A guy in late position calls too. I flop a set and just call the cbet and so does the late position guy. I raise the turn which is a 3 and the late position guy puts in $200 over my $60. The original raiser must have AA because he is really upset even though he does have but $27 in the pot. I ship my stack to watch the guy turn over a set of Queens. He fucking smooth called in late postion with Queens. Maybe he had a read on the original raiser. I highly doubt it though. Just an old tourist dude with a wife running around the slots. I was really thinking a set of 3s made more sense but fuck me what do I know. So there it is. I dumped $700 in cash, $555 in tournament. Not to mention the roullette before and after my cash game. I just had to try and hit that 3. So 13 hours of straight poker and I busto. Fuck. But ya know Im ok with it. I have had a great week actually. Usually after a bad day I will stew in it for days but I never did. I may have missed a few marginal moves but Im not upset with the decisions I made that day. I had been running good and just had to give a few back to the cash gods and the tournament is a two or three times a year expense for me if i happen to have the bankroll. Anyway so it looks like Im in poker jail for a few weeks. My bankroll is loaned out except for a few hundred so I guess Im not gonna play this weekend. I may play Monday since I get paid and just play the tournament and 1 bullet for the cash game.

No comments: