Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Coupla Bust Outs, Coupla Hours Cash

Very little poker to report. I played the $40 tournament last week and this week. Last week started out first hand with AK and got called by K9 and called on the flop when I cbet cause a 9 was there. I had never played the guy and ended up being glad I shut down because he never folded ever with anything. I would flop a flush draw against him too and same thing. I raised preflop with AQsuited and flopped the draw and bet and he called. I never got there and we checked it out. Being the true definition of a calling station this dude had pocket Aces and never raised or bet once. Anyway I went down and up a few times but never over my starting stack and eventually when I had 10 big blinds left and started pushing in preflop I got my little pair on the button called by AQ in the big blind and lost. Same thing happened last night. I got my little pair called by a bigger pair who only had a third of my chips but then the UTG limper who had me only slightly covered calls with 2 people all-in. He had the monster KJ and he put us both out.

The cash game was juicy from the start. I doubled my short stack of $100 to $200 pretty quick. The hands werent very memorable. I would pretty much stay around that same stack for the rest of the night. I only could play for 2 hours and man it was a good game. The big hand of the night for me I limped with 3,4 (cause I seem to do well with that hand for some reason) and no one raised. Flop 5,2,J and check. Guy to my left bets $15 and 4 people call so I call. There was a flush draw out there so I hate to draw to the worst draw but the perfect card would pay off so I chased. The turn is an Ace and I have the nuts. I decide to donk out $40 and the guy who had made the $15 bet raises. Then the guy to his left makes it like $150. It fold around to me and i ship it but I only had about $150 anyway. The original flop better and turn raiser flops top two pair. So what was I up against? 3,4. Chop. Lame. I had raised earlier with 3,4 out of boredom and history of running well with that hand but got reraised to like $100 and folded. My friend who dont give much of a shit called it with KJ. He was up against Aces. He flopped two pair and boated the river. Sicko. It was getting time to go and I hadnt really hadnt won or lost any big pots when I pick up AK. I decided I would limp and reraise. The straddle was on so I toss in my $5 and to my direct left makes it $80. Shit now I know its all going in and he isnt folding. But to my surprise the guy to his immediate left goes all-in for $150ish. This guy hadnt been messing around so I figured his range was pretty high and I would have to hope he had Jacks or Queens to play and I only had $5 bucks in. Plus the original raiser coulda had one or even two of my outs. I fold and the overbetter calls and evens up winning with his 88. The reraiser had 77 and said he was sick of getting nothing and ready to double up or go home. No Ace or King came so I was saved from going broke. So thats it. That was the big action. Net $65 for the night and it never sucks to leave up but man I know there was some serious chip dumping going on after I left.

No comments: