Sunday, April 11, 2010

Drinkers Making the Love Shack Very Lively

Just got back from the Love Shack game. Got there late. The chips were already flyin. The chasers were doin damage. Within the first 20 minutes a guy who plays solid ABC poker got two outered on the river went ballistic cussin and chastising the biggest weak passive calling station at the table and then threw the cards at the dealer. I understand his pain but damn thats bad for the game. The guy he was berating left shortly after and it pissed someone else off enough for them to leave. I think they were both looking for a reason to leave anyway though. But without that reason one of them probably woulda stayed all night Im sure. Oh well. Mr. ABC was stuck big and drinkin so he just lost it. He left soon after too. Ive never done it to that extreme but I have left cussin and calling someone a fucking idiot before. Its really bad for poker but sometimes you just cant stand to not let them know how bad they played. Mr. ABC reads this blog so I will say dude I get it and I aint mad atcha. Its tough when you put your money in good most of the time but still leave broke. Thats the cruel thing about no limit. You can play good all night and never get unlucky until the last hand against the guy who has you covered and go home broke over one mistake or one suckout. Makes you question why ever play really. There was another dude there who was a real nice guy having a good time and bluffin a good bit. He eventually drank his way to the felt too. I dont think he really cared. I didnt get the felling he was a serious player. When the guy counts out $300 in stacks of 2 $5 dollar chips at a time its a pretty big sign that he dont play a lot. Watching then do it is like slowly scratching a chalk board. I pretty much got my usual terrible starting hands and folded for the first coupla hours. I bought in for $200 an stayed between $120 and $170 much of the first coupla hours. It wasnt till I played a 34off suit to a raise and a shit load of callers and hit a straight that I finally pushed above my original buyin. Actually it was a pretty big pot that tripled me up from my low point. I would venture below my buyin after that but I would drag another big one later with 34offsuit after flopping the straight. I stayed ahead after that. Later in the night my hands began improving and I won some good pots. I won with AK a coupla times against a really aggressive intoxicated player. I was in the small blind both times and just called him preflop and check raised him on the flop. One time he called and the other he didnt and I won both pots. My big hand at the end of the night was against the same guy. He was drinkin and playing very aggressive. I raised in the blind with QQ and got called by 2 players. Flop is AQ3rainbow and I bet out hoping Im against a good Ace. Mr. Aggressive raises and I go all in. I know its a pretty big raise but I thought he was pretty strong and I didnt want to call and let him check behind me on the turn. He called. I guess he had AK or maybe even A3. It was about a $500 pot. I was also betting a $1 a flop with my neighbor on the color of the flop and I swear I beat him like 20 to 6 and every time his color would hit it seemed like I won the hand anyway so I didnt mind. I do have one hand that has me talking to myself. I raised on the button with 10s and the flop comes 987 with a flush draw and I bet and get raised my Mr. Aggressive. I know Im supposed to push in there. I had $50 in the pot already and the raise was $75 more to me and was going to cost about $190 more if he called my allin and I lost. To make that bet normally he would have to have two pair at least or maybe straight and flush draw. I knew I could very well be a head and at the least I am open ended. I folded though. I just didnt want to put $250 more in on that marginal spot especially after I had just won a big pot. I realize how pussy it was but I dont care. I waited for a better spot and it came eventually. The game broke up after Mr. Aggressive busted my flop color betting neighbor. We had been 5 for a long time and had been 4 handed for a pretty good while too. We put the mandatory $5 straddle on after we went 5 handed so we wouldnt be chopping the blinds every other hand. I didnt want to play 4 hand really and certainly didnt want to play 3 handed against a very aggro player who had just rebought and was trying to get his chips back from me. So after all was said and done I cleared over $600 almost making up for last weeks Omaha fiasco. Very pleased.

3 comments:

Sofa King We Todd Did said...

To the Anonymous guy who commented here I dont feel like its appropriate to make those kinds of accusations here on my bolg. You should definitely bring it to the attention of who you asked me about.

Sofa King We Todd Did said...

no but I dont ever really watch for it

Sofa King We Todd Did said...

Im not playing tonight. I'll let you know though next I do.