Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Cooler

Well I havent played much real poker since the AA vs KK. I sat a little while at the 2/5 game in the AM hours Sunday morning but the game broke up pretty fast. I did lose a shit ton of money playing 4/8 limit and then 4/8/12 Omaha. I played all night and had a lot of fun but I lost big. It was really the wee hours Omaha session that got me. Never made my hands and was alway against the nutz. There was this loud drunk jackass who as soon as he sat down at the NL table one guy told the dealer he had learned his lesson and took off. Obviously this jackass shows up drunk quite often and runs his mouth big time. He played terrible and lost a lot in a very short time. He shoulda broke even though because he got all in preflop with QQ and a very regular chick up there called him with 10,7 suited. I dont know why she had it out for him but she flopped the straight. Then the game broke and we went to the 4/8 game and jackass immediately started a fight with everyone who would let him. It was funny. At one point this terrible player with a date there was getting it from the jackass with both barrels and the guy on the date called jackass a "dago". That really upset the table for some reason. I thought it was about as smart as date guys 4 betting the river with pocket twos like he was gonna push someone of their hand. His date was nice looking but obviously not impressed with him or his constant rebuys. Funny thing was jackass did well and sucked out a ton of rivers. Funnier was that when we started playing Omaha he turned into a very consevative player. And he ran like God. The morning crew started coming in and this old guy who was not familiar with Omaha started playing and if I wanted to I could see his cards anytime but I hate doing that. He ran good too and I eventually felted. It didnt bother me too much although I did dump a lot. I just look at those latenight limit games as gambling. Like I was playing slots or something. It doesnt hurt my poker ego to lose there. Just my bankroll and also my wondering if Im just destined to be unlucky. I wonder if I could make a living as The Cooler. The guy who goes and hangs around the lucky players to cool them off.

2 comments:

C.S. said...

Hope you aren't a cooler. Just added you blog to our blog page.

http://www.gulfcoastpoker.net/featured_blogs.htm

Good luck out there

Wild Bill

Sofa King We Todd Did said...

thats even cooler. thanks wild bill.