Thursday, January 7, 2010

Friendly Poker in the South and Biloxi on the Horizon

Well 2010 has been like the food at Hooters. Ok tasting and fun. I've yo yo'd online but nothing new there. I played Monday night in the 29 person Loveshack tournament. I really just basically blinded down (with a few small lost pots) to 3 big blinds and then won two pots and was up to 9 big blinds which at that point was almost double the starting chips. Then I picked up AJ on the button with no limpers and went hidee-ho allin and Loveshack Dave called me with pocket 5's. You think I can beat Dave in a coin flip??? Hell no. I have to be very much behind to beat Dave in an allin. So at least I was the cash game bubble. Dave would go on to take it down. Bought in for a meager $120. With Cowboy Billy in the game I wanted to just pick a spot to play and not have him take me off my hand. But I never found that spot to play. I saw some flops and dropped down to about $70. I was on the button with QJ and I decided to make a raise. I didnt notice the UTG limper only had $19 and was looking to play for it all. I made it $14 and the luck box calling station old crazy ass Bob called and UTG puts in his $17 more. The flop is K,10,rag and Bob bets out $10 into the $57 pot. I dont wanna just call here. I figure Bob can fold his pair for $41 more so I shove. Bob sitting there with 10,9 makes a crying call. He thought he had sucked out when the 9 hit the river. Yatzee. A while later Bob raises a limped pot from one of the blinds to $12 and everyone calls including me with 3's. Flop is 9,8,3 with two clubs. Bob leads out for $30 into like a $90 pot. All fold up to me and I pull out my $30 and sorta look like Im thinking about just calling or raising and I just shove. I think I had maybe $95 more. Bob calls. He claimed two pair but I never saw his cards. My set held up and now Im sitting with around $350ish. I dont think I played another significant pot the rest of the night. I never had a raising hand again. Actually I never had a raising hand period. I may have drug a little pot or two but I dont recall. The most memorable hand of the night was when Cowboy Billy goaded Bob into playing for like $300 against Billy's KK and Bob's 99. Bob got up and told Billy that he was a little man with a sad life and that he was happy for him because he needs the money and was a thousandaire who could piss on $300 and he would take on all comers. All the while Billy is laughing his ass off. Some english guy (like he was from England) remarked that he thought it was a friendly game. I said friendly means no firearms at the table but maybe a few in the trucks. When I left I was up $200 in the cash game. Doesnt cover my last loss but Im starting the new year fresh. Im 1-0 in 2010 and I split the college bowl pickem I was in. Im going to Biloxi this weekend and playing in the Saturday 12pm No Limit tournament. Hopefully I will not get to play the nightly for $200 because Im still live in the nooner. I hope the roads arent to f'd up Saturday morning. Look out Mississippi, the Sofa King has some funds to dump in your establishment. I love Biloxi. I could say something to jinx myself here but I wont.

No comments: