Monday, November 2, 2009

Distractions Needed

I played in a tournament last Monday. The only hand I remember that was sick was I got QQ in late position and there was a tight UTG limper so I was a little worried about getting reraised but I raised it up pretty good and he just called along with a couple more. The flop was jack high and uncoordinated. Everyone checked to me and I made a healthy bet. I got called by the UTG limper. What would he just call with? A set? A draw? 10s? The turn was a K. He goes all in. This guy is usually the bet it when you have it type but apparently he is trying some new shit because after I folded he showed an outside straight draw that didnt hit. I was thinking that had I had either of the other two hands I couldve had I probably would have called him. He gives me the "I thought you had AJ and could call after the King hit". Right. I wouldnt have played it so strong preflop had I had AJ knowing I was going to get 3 or 4 callers anyway and with a tight UTG limper in there. Any way I was steamed up after that but I didnt get jiggy with any pots. I did pull a lot of preflop All-in steals to stay alive. I went out because I raised from the small blind with K8 suited into a big blind whose chips are always there for the stealing. But he pushed back at me and i had to lay it down. He had AA. I thought it was Queens or better for sure. I went out the next hand going all in with 44 and running into a big blind with 99. I wish I would have just sat on my chips and waited for the chop. Got fifth place and as soon as I went out they chopped it even. I got my entry fee back. It was nice to play for a long time though. The Sofa King needs some distractions. My Dad had passed the Friday before that and it was good to go get away from it. No one knew. I was going to skip tonight but damn I need another distraction so bad. Wife shit going on. Looking forward to the Saints game tonight too. Been playing some online. I won an 18 person $10 SnG and I have been doing well at $20 head up. Im back up close to $400. Im sure I will run like a pinto before long and lose my mind and drop back down to $100. I made a comeback from a 2800 to 200 chip deficit yesterday. To get that low I ran a bluff early in the game on the flop with a check raise and I bet the river big and the guy called me with 66 when 3 big cards were on the board. I was floored. We were still in the first level of blinds so I was able to give up the trash hands and managed to double up a couple times. Once I had chips I was able to play his tendencies. He had some really bad bet sizing tells and as you can tell he was a calling station too. So I just kept the pots small so I could hit hands and get him to call me down. So anyway I hope to have good news about tonight. Maybe I will even play some cash game even though I am about a month away from actually having any cash on hand. Sometimes you just gotta gamble for your sanity's sake.

No comments: