Thursday, June 24, 2010

Streakin Still

Well the streak continues. One more bust out of the tournament and one more good cash in the cash game. I started a new job this week so my desire to do extra work is low so I appologize to my one reader (who only likes to cuss me and call me names) for the late post. I bubbled out Monday. One before the chop. I don't care since I'm on a cash streak. I know its not gonna last forever. I know one time I will get it in good all night and lose my ass. Like last week when I had AA against 3 players and won, this week I flopped a straight and against two all ins on the flop I held up. The board didn't pair. I was more happy with my marginal hand play. I made some prudent laydowns and also some well timed bluffs. The regulars were giving me shit about being tight and saying saying since I was up that my chips weren't in play. I let em. It makes it easier to steal later. Not that stealing is a great idea in that game but there are go spots sometimes. My favorite hand was when I raised a guy on the flop because I read him as weak and then another guy went all in behind me and I had nothin but a weak ace but I rivered the Ace and got to advertise and win. I also had a had where I floated the flop bet and another guy behind me called so when iraised the leader on the turn I got got called by the draw chaser and the guy with the best hand folded. I've been plying really well and I can't think of many mistakes I made other than getting a little to frisky raising preflop a coupla times. I am itching to go to Harrahs soon but I just haven't seen a good spot at a good time. So for now I will ride my Monday night streak of 9 winning sessions and counting. I did fluff of some Monday when we switched to half n half. I should really never play Omaha. I'm just not comfortable or knowledgable enough about it. I hope my friends in Vegas do so well that they stay and the Monday night game sucks because of it. Good luck dudes.

No comments: